Are you interested in serving on a 2011 committee? Please contact the respective committee team leader to join PABJ's efforts. If you need additional assistance, contact PABJ President Sarah Glover at email@example.com. Some committees that may be of interest include: fundraising, chapter convention activities, media access, membership, awards, digital journalism, communications, bylaws, media monitoring, scholarship and elections. Attached you will find contact info for 2011 Committee Team Leaders and for all of the PABJ@NABJ36 Convention Committee Tasking Team Leaders.
PABJ Committee Work Overview
Some highlights of serving on a committee:
- have three to four committee members, all of whom should be PABJ members
- hold regular meetings as needed (monthly or bi-monthly), can be via conference call or in-person
- send the PABJ president or secretary information regarding committee meeting times/dates to be included in member outgoing announcements
- report to the board re: the status of the committees progress, usually monthly and/or if and when applicable
- if the committee will be producing an event, submit an event sketch AND budget to the board and membership for approval
- for any committee events, submit a final event report including: a) details on the program/event information that took place AND b) a financial breakdown of the event costs and/or revenue
Please note: no individual member or committee may sign a contract on behalf of PABJ or enter into a contract with any party for PABJ services. Contracts need to come to the PABJ executive board for review and may only be signed by the PABJ president and treasurer.